Walk a Mile in My Shoes 2021
The 5th Annual Walk a Mile in My Shoes event kicks off on September 18 this year and we would love for you to join us! This one-mile walk is like no other. Participants get to experience the conditions for just a few minutes that many of our homeless live with every day.
Help us reach our goal of $25,000
- Register to become a walker
- Support a walker by becoming their champion
- Be a volunteer
“I loved being part of Walk a Mile. It gave me a brief glimpse into the struggles homeless people live through. Thanks Interfaith!” Susan B.
Here’s how it works:
- Commit to walk 1 mile and obtain sponsorships for the walk.
- Participants arrive at the starting point, surrender their shoes and select a pair of donated, sanitized shoes to wear on their walk (sizes not guaranteed); then will carry their personal shoes in a plastic bag.
- Show your support during the walk with cardboard signs in support of our homeless and Interfaith
- The one-mile walk begins at First Presbyterian Church 511 SE 3rd Street, travels across downtown and along Silver Springs Blvd to Interfaith’s Center for Life building (108 N Pine, Ocala).
- Parking is recommended at our Center for Life building, and shuttle services will transport between both locations.
- Proceeds support Interfaith’s homeless shelter, where thousands of women, children and families have received love, support and an end to homelessness!
- Prizes are awarded to those who raise the most money!
Registration begins at 9:00am at First Presbyterian and the walk starts at 10:00am.
Who can walk?
There are individual and team levels of participation – everyone of all ages is encouraged to join us! Please register HERE
Because this is a fundraiser for our homeless shelter, we challenge walkers to recruit sponsors for themselves or start/join a team! Reach out to family and friends – recruit your champions to support you!
Individuals: minimum of $250 in donations … $25 from 10 people!
Teams: minimum of $500 in donations … $25 from 20 people!
Each donor will get a tax receipt for their donation! There will be prizes for those that raise the most money (top 2 individuals and top team).
Where is the event held?
The starting point is First Presbyterian Church 511 SE 3rd Street, Ocala (in their grass parking lot at the corner of SE 3rd Street and SE Sanchez Ave), and will end at Interfaith’s Center for Life building at 108 N Pine, Ocala.
How do I collect the money?
Forms to track your donors can be found below (one for a list of all your sponsors and one for individual sponsors to use) and on our FACEBOOK PAGE. Donors can make a check payable to “Interfaith Emergency Services” OR pay with cash OR make a payment with a credit or debit card online by CLICKING HERE. Be sure to have them put your name and “walk” in the comment box so that you get the credit! We will have the total amount of online sponsors at Registration. Bring all the money you’ve collected to the event and turn it in at the Registration Table before you walk.
Where can I park?
You can park at the back of the parking lot where the event begins (First Presbyterian Church 511 SE 3rd Street, Ocala (in their grass parking lot at the corner of SE 3rd Street and SE Sanchez Ave) or you can park behind the Center for Life building (108 N. Pine Ave.) where the event ends. We will have shuttles to take people to the starting point (and we’ll shuttle people after the event back to the starting point). We encourage as many as possible to park at the Center for Life. There is plenty of parking behind that facility.
Can we walk as a team?
YES! We would love to have local businesses and service clubs support this event by having a group from your organization walk a mile together.
Do you need volunteers?
Yes! Volunteer opportunities for the day of the event include registration, set-up, shuttle vehicle, traffic control and cheer team! If you are interested, please contact Sonya at (352) 644-9202.
Want to help spread the word for our event?
ALL DOWNLOADABLE FORMS CAN BE FOUND HERE!
Share with friends!
This form lists your obtained sponsors for the walk; to be turned in at registration with the collected support.
This is a donation form for individual sponsors to use.
Thank you to our awesome sponsor for supporting this event:
We are so proud of the following individual and team walkers for Walk A Mile. Please consider being their Champion by donating in their honor. Donations can be made HERE – please put the name of the individual or team and “walk” in the comment box.
Julia M. Hess
Ocala Cannibal Roller Derby
The Social Walkers
Karen Anne Unkefer
Donna Marguerite Ramirez